Cottages for veterans and their families have been a feature of the Erskine estate for many years. The current houses are built in a number of different sizes to accommodate our current tenant family mix. They have in-built flexibility for future amendments if the needs of our tenants’ change in the future.
They were built between late 2009 with the final phases being completed in March 2013. We now have 44 one, two and three bedroom cottages built to the highest standards. This project demonstrates our commitment to provide quality housing to veterans. As our Service personnel display the highest levels of bravery and courage throughout the world, it is only right that we, as a military charity, are able to provide quality accommodation should they need us in the future.
Each cottage will be self-contained but tenants will have the opportunity access advice and support through the activities centre and visiting charity representatives.
The rent and service charges will be set at a competitive rate and will be subject to annual review.
Located close to the M8 motorway and public transport links makes Glasgow City Centre accessible within 15 minutes.
Applying for an Erskine Cottage
Erskine has qualifying criteria for its accommodation and applicants must meet at least one to be considered as a potential tenant. The qualifying criteria for tenants are as follows:
- Serving or served as a member of one of HM Armed Forces as a Regular or Reservist or on National Service
- A member of the Merchant Marine and were deployed on active service
- A member of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary
- A member of the Home Guard
Priority allocation will be given to:
- Disabled Service men and women who have been injured on duty and are about to leave the forces and veterans who are disabled and/or in receipt of a War Pension or Armed Forces Compensation Scheme Payment, with priority based on level of disability.
- Service men and women who are about to leave the forces and veterans who have an accommodation need.
Proof of eligibility and service will be required on application.
Register your Interest
To register your interest so we can send you more information please contact:
Dougie Beattie on 0141 814 4533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or download an application form and send to Dougie Beattie at The Erskine Home, Bishopton,