The Erskine Reid Macewen Activity Centre aims to enhance the quality of life and wellbeing of veterans in the community, providing the opportunity to engage with people who have shared experiences and history, learn new skills, explore a number of interests and access support services.
- To be accessible to veterans living in the community with the choice of how often to visit, supporting an increased social network
- To offer a range of purposeful activities and opportunities supported by a skilled team of staff and volunteers
- To provide relevant guidance and advice in partnership with specialist organisations
- To engage veterans in the design and delivery of services, encouraging skill sharing
Any veteran who has served as a member of one of the HM Armed Forces as a Regular or Reservist or on National Service or were:
- A Member of the Merchant Marine and were deployed on active service in support of the armed forces
- A Member of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary
- A Member of the Home Guard
Located in our tranquil stable building dating from 1896 on the picturesque Erskine estate, we guarantee time spent with us will be a unique and rewarding experience, surrounded by a friendly community spirit.
Social– Sports and Recreation, Music, Films, Lunch, Relaxation
Skills– Computing, Woodwork, Arts, Health and Wellbeing
Support- Drop in sessions delivered by a range of organisations providing information and advice
Monday – Friday. 9.30am – 3.30pm.
Drop in for a couple of hours or stay all day
- Refreshments and hot lunch option
- Ample car parking facilities
Debra Dickson, Activity Centre Manager
Erskine, Bishopton, Renfrewshire, PA7 5PU
Telephone: 0141 814 4534
There are a number of organisations we are working with which help enhance the service, including Unforgotten Hero's, ASAP, AGE Scotland, Shoulder to Shoulder, Veterans UK, Legion Scotland and Fares 4 Free. More information on these organisations to come.