All entries should be submitted by Monday 15 March 2021 at 23:59.
Only one entry of the same name will be submitted per person.
Erskine reserves the right to use as many or as few suggested names as they wish.
- The title of the competition is “The minibus appeal”
- To enter the competition, suggest a name for the new minibus and a short explanation of why you think it should be the name.
- The name
- The name can be a single word, a short combination of words, or an acronym.
- The name must not infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights, including trademarks.
- If the name honours a person, that person or person’s family must give permission in writing or email
- The explanation must be no more than 250 words in length
- How to enter
- The competition will run from 26th February 2021 (the “Opening Date”) to 23:59pm BST on 15th March 2021 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive.
- All competition entries must be received by no later than 23:59 BST on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- Enter the competition online by submitting the online entry form provided on the Erskine Website by Closing Date. To enter by post the entry must include the entrants name, contact details, the name suggestion and reason which must be under 250 words. The entry should be posted to: Freepost, Fundraising, Erskine, Bishopton, PA7 5PU
- Erskine will not accept:
- responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Please see the Erskine’s website for a copy of these competition terms and conditions.
- Judging the entries
- Erskine will appoint a judging panel. That panel will select a winning name from all the names submitted. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final. If more than ten entrants submit the same winning name, 10 entrants will be selected at random from those with the winning name.
- As part of their decision, the panel will consider whether the name is acceptable
- Erskine reserves all rights to disqualify an entry if it is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- The prize
- The prize is for the entrant’s name to be printed on the minibus
- There is no cash alternative for the prize.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- Winner announcement
- The decision of the judging panel is final
- Erskine will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable, using the email address, phone number or postal address provided with the competition entry.
- Data protection and publicity
- If you are the winner of the competition, Erskine will contact you to discuss using your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only Erskine or its suppliers to administer the competition and keep in touch about Erskine’s activities. You can opt out at any time of receiving these communications.
- If there is any reason to believe that you are in breach of these terms and conditions, Erskine may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- Erskine reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.